Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to products. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
If you’re like most freelance bloggers, you’re looking for a sure way to grow your email list by using lead generation techniques and tools. But posting an affiliate link here and an affiliate link there isn’t going to rake in the thousands of dollars you’re probably hoping for each month. If you really want to see your email list grow, you’re going to need tools and resources that help you grow your list FAST.
No one wants to spend years gathering names and email addresses for potential buyers that never pans out.
This is a numbers game and if you want to see real results, you have to play the numbers game the way it was meant to be played.
That means grabbing every lead that comes through in any way you can.
While that doesn’t guarantee that you’ll be able to transform every lead into a sale, you need a strategy that brings in more leads so that you can get more sales in the long run.
Each of these tools can help WordPress users like yourself bring in more traffic and more leads via email marketing.
Let’s take a closer look at what each service has to offer and what their limitations are so you can make an informed decision about which one might be best for you.
OptinMonster is one of the most powerful ways to grow your email marketing list. It helps increase your leads and boost sales. More than 1,000 websites use OptinMonster to convert their traffic into subscribers, leads, and sales. Take a look at some of the pros and cons of OptinMonster.
- Pre-built templates for maximized conversions
- Ability to build your own offers
- Drag and drop builder (no need to know code)
- Ability to target and personalize your offers with behavior automation
- Get stats to improve your lead generation strategy
- Test your ideas to continuously increase conversions
- Affordable and easy to set up and use
- More plans available
In addition to all of the above pros, OptinMonster has multiple form types, including slide-ins, popups, floating bars, and full-screen overlays so you can customize your opt-in forms the way you want them to appear on your site.
- OptinMonster’s templates aren’t exactly fully editable so if you want to customize them, you’ll need to know how to use HTML
- No landing page builder
- You’ll be billed annually (I didn’t see an option to pay monthly)
LeadPages is another top contender in the email marketing sector that allows you to quickly and easily publish your first webpage or landing page in just minutes. Let’s look at some of the pros and cons of LeadPages.
- Conversion-optimized, mobile-responsive templates
- Drag and drop capabilities
- Ability to launch professional-looking landing pages or websites designed to convert
- Complete conversion toolkit that offers pop-ups, alert bars, opt-in texts, and more
- Easy-to-read analytics dashboard
- A/B split tests
- Real-time, customized conversion tips
- Unlimited publishing templates
- Doesn’t charge more for the number of leads you collect or pages you publish
- Allows you to integrate your favorite online marketing apps to automatically add leads to email lists and trigger follow-up workflows
- Great customer support
- You can pay monthly (which might be a bit more expensive than if you paid upfront for the year)
- A bit pricier compared to similar services
- Autosave can be unreliable at times so you have to manually save things
- No page targeting or exit intent forms
- No sidebar widget forms
OptinMonster Vs. LeadPages – Is There a Clear Winner?
If you’re just starting out and you don’t have a lot left in your budget to spend on marketing, then OptinMonster is probably your best bet.
But if you have a little bit of extra cash to spend and you’re looking for more advanced analytics and performance tracking, you might be better off with LeadPages.
Final Thoughts: OptinMonster
OptinMonster has helped some of its customers double their leads in just 30 days and increase sales by 100 percent.
Not to mention, you’ll get page-level targeting, analytics and insights, advanced traffic redirection, onsite retargeting and personalization, and beautiful lead capture forms.
You should get OptinMonster if you want an easy way to keep all of your opt-in forms in one convenient place and you manage more than one site.
My Rating: 9.7/10
Final Thoughts: LeadPages
First, the annual prices…
And the monthly prices…
You should get LeadPages if you’re more focused on landing pages and you want a solution that works on every site — not just with WordPress.
LeadPages might also be for you if you’ve got the marketing budget for it and you want access to a tested library of landing page templates that have proven to be successful.
My Rating: 9.6/10
The verdict is in and it appears that each OptinMonster and LeadPages both have their strengths and weaknesses. It all depends on what your individual needs are and how much you’re willing to spend.
For example, are you looking for a landing page solution that can help you create high-converting landing pages that help you grow your email list?
Or are you searching for more of an all-in-one solution that allows you to create stunning opt-in forms for your website as well?
Whatever you decide, LeadPages and OptinMonster are both great options for growing your email marketing list and boosting sales.
So take a look at the features of each platform and determine which one would best suit you at this point in your marketing journey.
You can try each platform before you buy so don’t be afraid to try them both out and see which one you like better.